Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Originally posted by pbrynie View Post
    The legacy full-sized image will only be displayed if there are no images listed on the Additional Images tab. Also, thumbnails will only be generated when there are more than one Additional Image for a product.
    That's strange. When I delete the image from the full-size image field and upload one or more images as additional images using the upload feature on the additional images tab, NO IMAGES show on my product page! It's only when I have an image listed in the full-size image field that my additional images appear on my product page.

Why must I leave an image listed in the full-size image field in order for additional images to appear?

Comment

It sounds like you have an old mvt:if statement that is testing for a value in the full-sized field before it will show the main image. Try looking for the following if statement in your template and remove it:

Code:
      <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:image">
      </mvt:if>
      Here is a link to the default template changes made in PR8.

http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...d.php?t=104879

Regards,
      Preston Brynie
      Software Developer
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/

Comment

How do I upload a closeup image that opens when a visitor clicks the main product image? If I upload additional images much larger than the main product image and click one of the thumbnails that got generated for the larger additional image, then the smaller main product image gets swapped out with the closeup additional image and wrecks my page layout.

Comment

please delete this comment
          Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 10:47 AM. Reason: I want to delete this post because it was placed in the wrong spot

Comment

You do not need to upload multiple sizes of each image. You would upload only the largest version of an image, and then use the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions settings on PROD to constrain it.

Regards,
            Preston Brynie
            Software Developer
            Miva Merchant

Comment

It sounds like you have an old mvt:if statement that is testing for a value in the full-sized field before it will show the main image.
              Yes. That was the problem. Thank you.

Comment

You do not need to upload multiple sizes of each image. You would upload only the largest version of an image, and then use the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions settings on PROD to constrain it.
                Isn't it bad web form to constrain a larger image where a smaller image is initially intended to display? What I am looking for is a way to keep page load times down for the initial product image and then have the option to view larger, closeup images which would ideally load in the background.

Comment

For some reason, my thumbnails are not being automatically created when I upload additional images even though I have "Enable additional thumbnails" checked on the "product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab on the PROD page.

Comment

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
                    For some reason, my thumbnails are not being automatically created when I upload additional images even though I have "Enable additional thumbnails" checked on the "Product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab on the PROD page.
                    In addition to not creating the thumbnail images, the code it's generating on the page for the size of the thumbnails says they are 38px x 50px even though I have specified on the "Product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab that thumbnails should be 50x50px and I've updated my CSS to match.

So, where is the 38x50px coming from?

Comment

Isn't it bad web form to constrain a larger image where a smaller image is initially intended to display? What I am looking for is a way to keep page load times down for the initial product image and then have the option to view larger, closeup images which would ideally load in the background.
                      The software actually generates a new re-sized image on the server based on the constraint settings, so you're only loading what you've specified. Further, there is a "Preload Images" option on the Product Display Image Machine tab which, if checked, will load the larger sizes in the background after the page has loaded.

In addition to not creating the thumbnail images, the code it's generating on the page for the size of the thumbnails says they are 38px x 50px even though I have specified on the "Product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab that thumbnails should be 50x50px and I've updated my CSS to match.

So, where is the 38x50px coming from?
                      You'll find in the Production Release 8 CSSUI Template Changes
                      post, you must give specific ID attributes to HTML elements in order for the main image, thumbnails, and closeup images to display. The IDs are editable on the Product Display Layout Image Machine tab. Also, the constraint values are maximum widths and heights of the thumbnails, so if you have tall skinny images that are larger than 50px, they will be proportionately scaled, producing images that are narrower than 50px. Aside from that, if the values on the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions tab don't specify the 38 pixel width you're seeing, try searching your CSS file and page template for that value being hardcoded somewhere.

Regards,
                      Preston Brynie
                      Software Developer
                      Miva Merchant

Comment

The software actually generates a new re-sized image on the server based on the constraint settings, so you're only loading what you've specified ... Also, the constraint values are maximum widths and heights of the thumbnails, so if you have tall skinny images that are larger than 50px, they will be proportionately scaled, producing images that are narrower than 50px ... Aside from that, if the values on the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions tab don't specify the 38 pixel width you're seeing, try searching your CSS file and page template for that value being hardcoded somewhere.
                        There's no inline css causing the 38 pixel width thumbnails. It must be that the thumbnails are being generated at less than 50 pixels wide because of the proportions of my original image (roughly 300x350px).

In the "Product Display Layout Image Dimensions" tab, is there a way to constrain only the thumbnail width and leave the height flexible? I suppose the solution would be to increase the height value in the constraints to something that would allow a 50px wide proportion.
                        Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I suppose the solution would be to increase the height value in the constraints to something that would allow a 50px wide proportion.
                          I can confirm that this worked.
                          Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 12:57 PM.

Comment

You'll find in the Production Release 8 CSSUI Template Changes
                            post, you must give specific ID attributes to HTML elements in order for the main image, thumbnails, and closeup images to display.
                            I have the IDs in place. My problem is that the thumbnails are not being created. For layout purposes, I've wrapped parts of the CSSUI Product Display Layout template code with my own custom divs with my own customs IDs.

Could my custom div wrappers cause the thumbnails not to generate even though within my div wrappers I've left the required CCSUI IDs intact?

Comment

I have the IDs in place. My problem is that the thumbnails are not being created. For layout purposes, I've wrapped parts of the CSSUI Product Display Layout template code with my own custom divs with my own customs IDs.

Could my custom div wrappers cause the thumbnails not to generate even though within my div wrappers I've left the required CCSUI IDs intact?
                              I figured out why my thumbnails weren't being generated. It appears that it is not possible to upload a file by the same name as one that's previously been uploaded if it's been manually removed from the server via FTP.

SOLUTION: Simply rename the product images and uploading them again using the additional images tab.

Is it not possible to upload an image that's previously been uploaded by the same name unless the image already exists on the server? What if I want to replace an image?

Comment

Update 3 has a tool to fix that as well.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]
                                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                                X