X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisb
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Miva creates MySQL databases with utf8_general_ci collation, yet character data is stored and retrieved as Latin-1 or Windows-1252 encoding (not sure which of the latter, exactly).
    Last edited by chrisb; 07-17-12, 04:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McCormick
    replied

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
    The Amazon Checkout Pipeline settings are all correct, verified with Amazon.

MIVA never changes the Order Status from "New Order" to "Ready to Ship".
    Send an email to [email protected] and put a link to this post in the body:

http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...567#post399567

Put ATTN Jim in the subject and we'll take a closer look for you.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

The Amazon Checkout Pipeline settings are all correct, verified with Amazon.

MIVA never changes the Order Status from "New Order" to "Ready to Ship".

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

JoeG.

Make sure your CBA settings are all properly configured in the Amazon side. If there unable to get back to the stub file in your Miva store to make the order as shipped, that could cause this issue.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

- I placed an order using CBA, which went through fine.
    - MIVA displayed the OPRC screen.
    - Amazon then sent an email 20 min later for Payment Notification....so far, so good.
    - However, MIVA never changed the order status to: "
    ready to ship", which also didn't trigger MIVA to email the INVC.

If it suppose to work as you described above, then it is not working and this is a bug <g>.

Are you certain Amazon has a communications mechanism back to MIVA to change an order status to "ready to ship" (20 min or days later!)? ...or am I missing a step?

Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied

Hi JoeG

The customer Order Confirmation e-mails do get sent and are automatically triggered, but only after the order’s Amazon status goes from “new order” to “ready to ship”.

This can sometimes take days.

You can check what the Amazon status for an order is in admin. In manage orders, click on the order in question, and right under payment type there will be a field called “Status”

If it has a value of “new order” then Amazon looking the order over.
    If it has a value of “ready to ship” then Amazon has accepted the order, and at this point the email will be triggered.

Hope that helps.

-Eric

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

OK, so when and by what mechanism is the payment confirmed back to MIVA from Amazon? Clearly, release of the order would have to be automated.

Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

I think the only way to use CBA and sell digital downloads is to trigger the fulfillment after the payment is confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

Understood....so how can I sell eBooks when CBA is used for payment?

Leave a comment:

• Jim McCormick
    replied

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
    Jim,
    Why would CBA work differently?
    Thanks...
    Because CBA allows orders to be placed even if the credit card used by the customer does not have sufficient funds and allows them to correct the problem. When CBA was first launched we had too many merchants complaining about shipping items that they thought was paid for but the customer never corrected the problem.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

Jim,
    Yes, I get the order returned to my store, complete with the Amazon Order ID.

The MIVA customer receipt still needs to be sent, just like it is for CC and PayPal payments. Why would CBA work differently? It is the only way for the customer to get their DOWNLOAD link for eBook purchases.

Do you have another solution?

Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Brandon MUS
    replied

Originally posted by wcw View Post
    Aaah, gotcha. That is correct. You don't really see the data except in cases where you mentioned with shipping calculators which use the location from the basket database. You're probably right, a logout should clear the basket database as that is a conscious effort to leave no trace.
    Thanks, I'm not always the best at explaining things the first time around.

Can Miva Merchant confirm that this is an issue?

Leave a comment:

• Jim McCormick
    replied

Yes, the 0 weight issue will be fixed in Update 6. Are you at least getting the orders returned to your store? CBA is designed to not send the email until the order is marked ready for shipment or ready to ship at Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

Thanks, Rick...gives me a better understanding of CBA. I think there are still problems:

1. re: 0 weight eBooks;
    My store is up to date, so it sounds like the 0 weight fix for eBooks is in U6.

2. re: emailed receipt;
    I'm getting an Amazon receipt email, but not a MIVA receipt. The problem is that eBooks are served with a DOWNLOAD link in the MIVA receipt using eMediaSales Softgoods module. How can they download their eBook if they don't get the MIVA receipt?

3. re: INVC vs OPRC;
    I can customize OPRC to create a generic Receipt screen that says, "Check your email receipt to download your eBook" if problem #2 is resolved.

Bottom line: I need the MIVA Customer Order Confirmation receipt to be triggered for CBA orders, or they can't get their eBook.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the quick response!
    Last edited by JoeG; 05-02-12, 06:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Joe,

Since CBA is not a real time payment gateway it doesn't automatically go to INVC (since many people use that as a trigger to ship goods). You can configure it to go to INVC if you'd like, but currently it goes to OPRC (Order Processing).

The customer should receive the receipt once the order is actually finalized, make sure your store is fully up to date.

I think the 0 weight issue was fixed already, but perhaps that's in U6 or has to do with your shipping methods mapping.

The key takeaway from CBA is that it's possible for an order to complete and THEN be subsequently rejected by Amazon after the fact, which is fundamentally different than how all of our other built in payment methods work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X