X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• titus
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

When choosing "Edit here" on the product listing, the "Alternate Display Page" gets removed upon update.

Leave a comment:

• burch
    replied

Originally posted by p4k View Post
    We mostly use manually mapped columns. From what I can tell, this only occurs when adding new products. It does not appear to change the settings of existing products (unless you use the delete existing data option).
    I can reproduce this issue with manually mapped columns as well. I will file a bug report and we'll get it fixed. We're in the final stages of the release process for Update 5 so a fix will likely not be coming until Update 6.

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied

so you are using PR8 import for the 'Add/Update Products from CSV' and not the 'Import Data and Settings in XML Provisioning Format'?

Leave a comment:

• p4k
    replied

Originally posted by burch View Post
    Thanks. I just did some testing myself and was able to reproduce the issue with the new module, but only when adding products and when the fields in question were not in the import file at all.

Are you using an import configuration with auto-mapped columns or manually mapped columns? Have you seen the behavior when updating products or only when adding new products?
    We mostly use manually mapped columns. From what I can tell, this only occurs when adding new products. It does not appear to change the settings of existing products (unless you use the delete existing data option).

Leave a comment:

• burch
    replied

We have been using the new(PR8) Import Data Module.
    Thanks. I just did some testing myself and was able to reproduce the issue with the new module, but only when adding products and when the fields in question were not in the import file at all.

Are you using an import configuration with auto-mapped columns or manually mapped columns? Have you seen the behavior when updating products or only when adding new products?

Leave a comment:

• p4k
    replied

Originally posted by burch View Post
    Are you using the old Import Products From Flat File import module (you select it from the left navigation window after expanding Import Data) or the new Product Import module (you select it from the Import Data screen)?

There was a bug exactly like this in the old Import Products From Flat File module that was actually fixed in PR8, but I am not aware of anything similar ever existing in the new Product Import module.
    We have been using the new(PR8) Import Data Module.

Leave a comment:

• burch
    replied

I did not see that this has been reported before. There appears to be a bug with the track inventory setup for new products added through import (did not test with product entered directly in admin). When track inventory is enabled and the settings for track out of stock level are left to Default (setting not imported or field left blank), Miva allows an unlimited amount of the product to be added to basket in the storefront. The default settings for the store are checked to Yes for Track Low Stock and Track Out of Stock. When you manually change the product inventory setting to yes for track low stock and track out of stock (or through import) it works correctly. I even found that if you change it to yes and then back to default it works correctly.
    Are you using the old Import Products From Flat File import module (you select it from the left navigation window after expanding Import Data) or the new Product Import module (you select it from the Import Data screen)?

There was a bug exactly like this in the old Import Products From Flat File module that was actually fixed in PR8, but I am not aware of anything similar ever existing in the new Product Import module.

Leave a comment:

• diana
    replied

Discovered another issue related to the Canonical field that may be related to my previous post (214).

I keep finding products where the canonical field is empty. Turns out Admin>Products>Edit Here>Click Update empties the canonical field. Happens even if you make no product changes, but just click Edit Here > Update.

Leave a comment:

• entrepre7
    replied

Thanks Mark. Have always used quick find before this.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Originally posted by entrepre7 View Post
    Post #235 - I had same issue.

Any product that was not marked active was not coming up when searching for product. Not even by item code. But if I went to a category that I knew it was assigned to and clicked assigned products it would show there fine. And I only had one product assigned to it. So it is not like the one I was looking for was assigned. The one item assigned broke it for all products.

I deleted my alternate category template completely and now it works fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well updating this. I discovered that using the product link in the left column they are still not coming up. But if I use the quick find at the top set to product it pulls up my items that are not active.
    If you are talking about being in the admin that's normal behavior. Hit the button that's says all because the button to only show active is the default.

Leave a comment:

• entrepre7
    replied

Post #235 - I had same issue.

Any product that was not marked active was not coming up when searching for product. Not even by item code. But if I went to a category that I knew it was assigned to and clicked assigned products it would show there fine. And I only had one product assigned to it. So it is not like the one I was looking for was assigned. The one item assigned broke it for all products.

I deleted my alternate category template completely and now it works fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well updating this. I discovered that using the product link in the left column they are still not coming up. But if I use the quick find at the top set to product it pulls up my items that are not active.
    Last edited by entrepre7; 03-04-12, 09:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jsisk
    replied

Ditto to the track inventory issue. We had to export all products then re-import them with yes, yes, yes to set them to track product inventory, track out of stock, and hide out of stock. We still have to add those columns for one or more of our sites. (not sure which as we have to do for all what we do for one)

The hide out of stock is quirky too. On a site that was upgraded from Miva 4.X when you uncheck it you can see all the products (which is great as an ordering tool as you can SEE what sold and your last price on similar items) On a different site (with all the same settings) that was built in Miva 5.5 when you uncheck hide out of stock the out of stock items stay hidden.

Leave a comment:

• p4k
    replied

I did not see that this has been reported before. There appears to be a bug with the track inventory setup for new products added through import (did not test with product entered directly in admin). When track inventory is enabled and the settings for track out of stock level are left to Default (setting not imported or field left blank), Miva allows an unlimited amount of the product to be added to basket in the storefront. The default settings for the store are checked to Yes for Track Low Stock and Track Out of Stock. When you manually change the product inventory setting to yes for track low stock and track out of stock (or through import) it works correctly. I even found that if you change it to yes and then back to default it works correctly.

Leave a comment:

• burch
    replied

Ray,

We've had a couple people report that bug, and have fixed it internally for PR8 Update 5.

Leave a comment:

• RayYates
    replied

I don't know if this has already been reported but here goes.

The Alternate Display Page checkbox prevents the product search from working.

Admin | Products | Search for an active product code, then click the checkbox for and search again. On my system NOTHING is found until I uncheck the box.

The same thing happens with Canonical Category Code checkbox.
    Last edited by RayYates; 02-21-12, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X