X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

I don't understand what you're describing?

Leave a comment:

• coca cola
    replied

Is there any solution for the issue when searching products and clicking the Canonical Category Code, the search results goes to nothing?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

I just replied to your other thread.

Leave a comment:

• interage
    replied

Howdy folks... posted this separately before realizing this thread might cover it, so I'm putting it here as well.

Went to upgrade to pr8 update 4 and got this:

The following error caused this patch to abort:

Pre-install validation failed. No modifications have been made to the existing installation. The following issue must be resolved before installation can continue:

Table "ModuleXFeature" contains duplicate records that must be manually removed prior to upgrade.

After this issue has been resolved, please select Resume Failed Installation

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Marshall
    replied

Hi diana,

We have reviewed and verified your bug, so it is now in the database.

Thanks,
    -Ryan Marshall

Leave a comment:

• diana
    replied

Admin>Products>Search Box
    At least 2 of the check boxes seem to cause errors for the product search results in admin.

If I use a search term found in the product name or product code, the products are displayed.

Check the "Additional Product Images" box, the products display , but the Add'l Product Images field is blank for all, which is false.

Check the "Canonical Category Code" box and refresh, I get "No Product records to display"

Miva Merchant 5.5
    Production Release 8 Update 4
    Miva Merchant Engine v5.12
    Database API: mysql

Leave a comment:

• alphabet
    replied

Price Table Based Shipping module should round to 2 decimals instead of three.

Leave a comment:

• osgd
    replied

I picked up William's Payment Methods for Groups and set up radio for payment options. Also use radio for shipping options. Should fix the problem. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• osgd
    replied

Originally posted by jsisk View Post
    Had the same issue with customers calling because their credit card was not listed. Only showed American Express. Also had a few calls stating that only one shipping option was displayed.

Finally bought the WCW Sort Shipping module and replaced the drop-down menus with radio buttons and have not received a single call since. Conversion rate also went up, so obviously there were lots of customers that didn't call. Instead, they went somewhere else that accepted something other than just American Express.
    How do I change the payment choices (Authorize.net module) to radio instead of select? That would be most helpful. This issue continues to vex us.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

1. The rate both come from UPS so they should be the same unless something is configured differently.
    2. Using the Company field is exactly how you trigger a Commercial rate.

Leave a comment:

• cwlale
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs - UPS Ready Tools

I made the mistake of setting up the UPS Ready Tools. Because it had issues that may or may not have been problems, I disabled it and tried to go back to the Viking Modules that I had been using.

I now have NO SHIPPING rates. First, I tried to re-enable my Viking custom shipping - No Joy. Then, I tried to bring up the original MIVA UPS - still no joy. Then I tried USPS (Viking and MIVA) and they do not work now, either. And finally, I tried to re-enable UPS Ready Tools just so I'd have some rates. No rates there, either, now. Apparently, there is something in the UPS Ready Tools that was not completely disabled and is not being reset properly.

The rates ARE showing on the pull down, for all of the modules, on the OSEL page. But, no matter which rate you select, no rates are showing or adding in on the OPAY page. I haven't carried an order all the way to the INVC, but I suspect it doesn't have the rates, either. Also, strangely enough, Sale Tax doesn't show either, now.. Since the rates are apparently being calculated, the problem must be in the calcs for OPAY.

I have reported this problem to ebusiness Express who is my provider/host. They have been working on it all day, to no avail. I assume that they have an escalation path. But, in the meantime, my website is in "maintenance mode" as I have no shipping rates. This is not good.

When I first enabled UPS Ready, it did yield rates. However there were two problems.

1. The rates returned were much higher than Viking or UPS.com calculations. On an $8 charge, the new module returned $10.

2. Secondly, apparently, the module does not recognize the original standard for commercial rates (filling in company name on the Address Screen). It returns the same rate with or without the company name field being filled. (I don't know if this module uses the UPS API for Address/Street validation or not - maybe that's why it didn't calculate commercial rates as the address I used was residential).

In any event, I'd really appreciate any ideas as to how to get by this problem. I need to get my website back in business ASAP.

Thanks.

Wes Lucas
    classic-peanuts.com

Leave a comment:

• jsisk
    replied

Had the same issue with customers calling because their credit card was not listed. Only showed American Express. Also had a few calls stating that only one shipping option was displayed.

Site has been running Miva Merchant since 1999 beginning with version 1.7 and upgraded several times over the years without a single phone call from a customer relating to the drop-down menu for credit card selection. The credit card selection page has never been modified. (until this problem)

As soon as we upgraded to Miva 5.5 version 8 (we skipped 7) the phone began to ring 1 to 3 times a week. Tested the site in IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox 3, 4, and whatever the latest is and could not duplicate the problem yet the phone kept ringing.

Finally bought the WCW Sort Shipping module and replaced the drop-down menus with radio buttons and have not recieved a single call since. Conversion rate also went up, so obviously there were lots of customers that didn't call. Instead, they went somewhere else that accepted something other than just American Express.

There is definately a bug somewhere in the system. I would have to guess that it is somewhere in the way Miva is storing the checkout info. We take a lot of phone orders and simply process them through the website. One thing that I have noticed, is that in Miva 4 and prior if you hit the back button during checkout to correct a typo, it would clear and reset all the fields and you would have to start all over with the biliing and shipping name and address. Now with Miva 5 you can go back and forth between the checkout screens and the only fields that clear and reset are the credit card fields on the OPAY screen.

So Rick, if you look at the difference between how the credit card number field is being handled on the OPAY screen (on refresh) and how the payment/shipping option fields on the OSEL page are being handled you may find the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

One thing it could be is I've noticed a nasty drop down bug in Safari lately that sometimes won't let you drop down or see the select list a second time. This is not related to Miva at all as I see it all the time on non Miva sites.

You might see if they're all on Safari.

Leave a comment:

• SteveG
    replied

Originally posted by osgd View Post
    Ok thank you for checking. I'm puzzled as to why we are now getting random calls regarding this issue. It's not common, but about once a week is more often than I'd like. The code looks good to me, so I'm not sure what the gremlins are up to.
    It could simply be they are going past the payment select page, ie not making the selection before clicking the continue button and then gettig stuck on the next page where Amex is already selected for them - I get the occasional one too and put it down to this, I put a message on that page to go back one page to select a different card.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Understood. If you track it down, or even get more clues, we'll keep digging.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X