X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koala
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

We've had two customers call us in the last couple of days saying they couldn't continue through the checkout process, saying the "Continue" button wasn't showing up. Not sure if this is coincidence with PR8 Update 4, but these two reports have only come in since updating.

Anyone else run into anything similar?

Leave a comment:

• Donson
    replied
    Re: PR7 or PR8 flat file upload .... two issues

When the first import error occurred using PR7 (April 2011) where some items randomly were placed in all of our categories, I did contact Miva Support, Jonathan Standifird. I have sent you the email response I received from Jonathan.

It took us two weeks to discover the second import error that occurred on Oct 1. We found it when Google reported many items in our sitemap could not be crawled. Unfortunately, we overwrite these import files each time we make an upload. I checked and all imported flat files on Oct 1 have been overwritten.

I will keep your email on file and try to remember to email you any future flat files for which we discover import errors.

Thanks for responding.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    Re: PR7 or PR8 flat file upload .... two issues

Originally posted by Donson View Post
    Two issues that we have experienced:

1) I think the first occurred prior to PR8 and may have been fixed. When we uploaded a large quantity of new items (1000+), some but not all (random) ended up in all our store categories instead of the specific category in the flat file. This took weeks to correct manually.

2) Occured after PR8: When we uploaded a large number of new items (about 700), some of the items never were enterred into our Miva store database. We only discovered the problem after reviewing crawl errors noted by Google. We feed Google a sitemap which includes all active items in our store. Weeks after our Oct 1, 2011 upload, we discovered that Google was reporting some 60 items that were in our sitemap but were not able to be crawled. A small portion of these 60 items were caused by server availability at the time of the crawl. However, we were able to verify that about 50 items were missing from our Miva Store. We when back to the flat file used to upload and the items were in the flat file. NOTE: BOTH THE MIVA FLAT FILE AND THE GOOGLE SITEMAP UPLOADS COME FROM THE SAME MASTER EXCEL SPREADSHEET.

Needless to say, we have loss confidence in the Miva Flat file import feature and therefore spend extra time verifying that our monthly uploads are error free. Since issue two above, we have doubled our verification efforts because we don't want Google to find our error for us.
    Hi Donson

Which import module are you using for the upload? And can you e-mail me a copy of the flat file you’re using so I can try to reproduce this issue and see what’s going on?

Thanks

-Eric
    Last edited by Eric Foresman; 10-14-11, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Donson
    replied
    PR7 or PR8 flat file upload .... two issues

Two issues that we have experienced:

1) I think the first occurred prior to PR8 and may have been fixed. When we uploaded a large quantity of new items (1000+), some but not all (random) ended up in all our store categories instead of the specific category in the flat file. This took weeks to correct manually.

2) Occured after PR8: When we uploaded a large number of new items (about 700), some of the items never were enterred into our Miva store database. We only discovered the problem after reviewing crawl errors noted by Google. We feed Google a sitemap which includes all active items in our store. Weeks after our Oct 1, 2011 upload, we discovered that Google was reporting some 60 items that were in our sitemap but were not able to be crawled. A small portion of these 60 items were caused by server availability at the time of the crawl. However, we were able to verify that about 50 items were missing from our Miva Store. We when back to the flat file used to upload and the items were in the flat file. NOTE: BOTH THE MIVA FLAT FILE AND THE GOOGLE SITEMAP UPLOADS COME FROM THE SAME MASTER EXCEL SPREADSHEET.

Needless to say, we have loss confidence in the Miva Flat file import feature and therefore spend extra time verifying that our monthly uploads are error free. Since issue two above, we have doubled our verification efforts because we don't want Google to find our error for us.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

To close out the fatal error issue mentioned above on Sept 9...it was caused by a bug in the Merchant Optimizer module. The developer is working on a fix.
    Last edited by JoeG; 09-29-11, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Greg,

Make sure this is in your CSS:

Code:
    .order
    {
    float:left;
    text-align:left;
    width:690px;
    padding:20px;
    page-break-after:always;
    }

Leave a comment:

• GregM
    replied

Rick,

That is correct. Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Greg,

Just to make sure I'm chasing down the right thing, is this specific to the Printable Invoice Template Based Batch Report?

Leave a comment:

• GregM
    replied

Rick,

I do not see any template change info in the release notes. Can you please review and advise?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

There's some template code you need to change, it should be in the Update 3 Release Notes. We no longer automatically make any template code changes, even simple stuff like this.

Leave a comment:

• GregM
    replied

Page Breaks in new batch reports. If I read the release notes for PR8 Update 3 correctly, page breaks was supposed to be resolved. It does not seem to work. Please advise if there is a setting that needs to be changed or if this is still an issue.

Leave a comment:

• jsisk
    replied

Issues with Search Results layout...

When you change the number of columns in the point & click mode, it adds nowrap commands to the code and a 3 column display ends up extremely wide if the results have items with long titles (pushing off the screen to the right)

When you remove the nowrap in the advanced mode to fix the problems the display collapses left to right and leaves a large margin on the right side. Setting the table and td widths to 100% has no effect.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied

Anyone getting a Fatal Error when changing product data? The changes are made, but then the following pops up:

Error Code: EOF
    Description: Record not found: MER-DBP-SMD-00010
    It has been occurring since PR8 launch, including the latest Update 3.

MIVA support replied, "we are aware of that problem"....that was 2-3 months ago.

I didn't find any messages about this, leading me to believe it is unique to my store.

I'm making lots of product changes now and it is scaring the daylights out of me!

Thoughts or suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Thanks Preston - this is another one of those things that needs to go in my "Dummies" book - LOL

Leslie

Leave a comment:

• PaulTAT
    replied

Wow. Thanks for that. I now have an also_bought_imagemachine which works exactly as advertised and no more missing images. Soon I'll also fix a bunch of stuff I hacked together on the SFNT page!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X