No announcement yet.

Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Thanks Dan. I followed your tutorial...pretty painless. I guess I'll need to give it 24 hrs to see some results.
    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Correct, give it a good 24 hours for full stats to begin showing. (especially the ecommerce conversion data) If this is the first time you have implemented the search tracking feature, it can sometimes take a couple of days for those stats to kick in.

Comment

Was also wondering if the Site Search option was only applicable if you subscribe to Google site search, or does it work for the standard Miva Search, Power Search, etc.
        It is setup to work with Miva Merchant's stock search, PowerSearch, SearchSpring... pretty much any search feature.
        We have two store MM5.5 (MIVA search), and MM4.24 (Search Manager), and we have never been able to to collect "search" data.

Are there an instructions out there to figure either one? If so, can you please post a link in this thread?
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

This is a constant dance we all do...developers and integrators and software developers alike. Companies such as Miva and a myrid of other cart systems have spent years developing and marketing e-commerce solutions as "quick/easy/out of the box" solutions for ecommerce. While we are light-years beyond what was available 15 years ago when the MINIMUM e-commerce solution was 50K, we now have greater expectations. Store Owners want, are lead to believe, whatever, that they should be able to get Amazon.com for less than 19.95 /mo including hosting. And just look at WHAT they can get for 19.95/mo...its amazing. However, what they get a lot of times is not what they want. Its like coupon modules. I've heard from day one that store owners can't believe that Merchant doesn't have a basic coupon module. But when you really look at the requests, you'll see that almost everyone of the request are DIFFERENT types of coupons: buy one, get one free, get the third free if you buy two, get 10% off the first, or the second, or the...the list goes on.

To bring this back to point at hand, at some point (and i've seen this before, at least in posts by Rick) MivaMerchant needs to standardize how it promotes products that are really entry-level solutions and then point out the benefits and availability of more robust solutions.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

I think you might have responded to the wrong thread.

William,

What solution are you using for your Google Analytics integration on the Miva Merchant 5 store... are you using a module?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
              Bruce,

I think you might have responded to the wrong thread.

William,

What solution are you using for your Google Analytics integration on the Miva Merchant 5 store... are you using a module?
              For MM5.5 Store:
              Module Name: Google(tm) Analytics module by Gilligan On-Line
              Code: golanalytics
              Name: GOL Analytics
              Provider: Gilligan On-Line
              Supported API Version: 5.00
              Version: 5.100
              Usage Count (Number of Stores): 1
              Module Features: component,data_store,log,vis_log

For MM4.24 Store:
              Module Name:
              Analytics Tracking by GOL for Merchant V4 (Installed by developer)
              Type of Module: Fulfillment
              Code: analytics_gol
              Name: Analytics Tracking by GOL for Merchant V4
              Provider: Gilligan On-Line
              Version: 4.110
              Usage Count (Number of Stores): 1

Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Bill,

I can only comment on the MM5 store as we do not support MM4 with any of our Google Analytics integrations, but I don't believe the Gilligan Online module supports the new On-Site Search Tracking feature. (maybe the developer or Miva Merchant can chime in on this to verify)

That said, here is a tutorial for integrating Google Analytics, that does support On-Site Search tracking.

Comment

Bill,

I can only comment on the MM5 store as we do not support MM4 with any of our Google Analytics integrations, but I don't believe the Gilligan Online module supports the new On-Site Search Tracking feature. (maybe the developer or Miva Merchant can chime in on this to verify)

That said, here is a tutorial for integrating Google Analytics, that does support On-Site Search tracking.
                  Well, I compared your direction with what was already implemented on our MM5.5. store and everything appears to be the same. So I opened a ticket with Miva.

Thanks for your help -by your implementation documentation is excellent.
                  Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Correct, give it a good 24 hours for full stats to begin showing. (especially the ecommerce conversion data) If this is the first time you have implemented the search tracking feature, it can sometimes take a couple of days for those stats to kick in.

WOW...I should have used Kemper Strategic's method from the begining. It works great...thanks again for sharing Dan!
                    All the data is showing up very quickly under Reporting > Google Analytics
                    I've always wondered why the conversions don't also get reported on my dashboad. I just stumbled across this Q&A:

===
                    Q.How do I link my Analytics goals and transactions to AdWords Conversion Tracking?

A.In order to import your goals and transactions from Google Analytics into AdWords Conversion Tracking, you must be enlisted as a beta tester and your Analytics account must be linked to your AdWords account. Once the two are linked, please make sure that you've also opted into Data Sharing from your Analytics account.
                    ===

However, I can't find any info on how to become a beta tester. I'd link my Analytics goals and transactions to AdWords Conversion Tracking. Any ideas?

KSE Google Analytics Integration deserves another plug:
                    http://www.kemperstrategic.com/google-analytics.html
                    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

i emailed my google adwords account rep and asked about a year ago. you might try that.

Comment

Is this tutorial gone now?

We have created a new tutorial for basic Google Analytics Integration with Miva Merchant 5/5.5. This tutorial includes example code (no module required), e-commerce conversion tracking, on-site search tracking and instructions for setting up a checkout goal/funnel.

We hope some will find this useful :)
                        Kevin Williams
                        FizzBang Multimedia Studios
                        http://www.fizzbang.com

Comment

Yes, I am going to make an announcement about it shortly. Basically we have removed the free tutorial due to the large volume of support it generated and that a lot of those support tickets were expected to be handled at no charge because the tutorial was "free". Therefore we decided to only provide and support Google Analytics Intragations actually performed by our technicians.

That said, Miva Merchant may come out with their own tutorial at some point in the near future, or someone else might be willing to post their own tutorial if they are up for the support side of things.

Comment

Hey, Dan, does this change mean that the previously given code will no longer work with GA? You were very gracious to give it out and let all of us use it. We thank you.
                            Holly Nelson, CEO of 2C Development Group
                            www.2cdevgroup.com
                            @2cdevelopment

Comment

It will still work just fine, we just pulled the code/tutorial for the above mentioned reasons, and a few less than friendly people that pushed me over the edge :)

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that. You were a life saver to many people with your code...it was very generous. You current service is more than affordable as well. Thanks for being such a great Miva Community member.
                                Holly Nelson, CEO of 2C Development Group
                                www.2cdevgroup.com
                                @2cdevelopment

Comment

Working...
                                X