This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcarver View Post

Where do you go in MailChimp to see the dates being like that? All the customers listed were uploaded through the MailChimp module? I'll have to see if I can reproduce that.
    Yes, customers were uploaded through the MailChimp module. (They may have already been included in the list, but they should have been synced with the module set up, right?) I'm seeing this in the campaign report on the E-Commerce | Order History screen.
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Wondering if there is a way in the next release to have a "clear styles" button (which was discussed already) but also a "use standard" or "use template" style so that if we already have a standard set of fonts and sizes we use on the rest of the website it should either use those automatically or we should be able to set a standard. I wonder if it would be simpler to have a standard font and size chosen and then we modify only if necessary? I'm not sure what other customers use but we really only need the option to add lists, bold, and italicize quickly. The rest is extra for us but the editor has actually caused more work for us as we now have to modify the font style and font size for every description - plus the options available don't match what we had already set on our website.
      Thanks,
      Christine

Comment

Mail Chimp "Pop Up Form" Join Newsletter Feature and Featured Products Carousel do not play well with each other. I was going to add the new "Pop-up Form" from the latest version of Mail Chimp but I discovered a bug that I can replicate on three browsers from three different pc's with two of them being from outside my office.

What happens is as soon as I make the new "Pop Up Form" active the Featured product carousel on our site malfunctions and displays the products vertical instead of horizontally. As soon as I disable the "Pop Up Form" and clear my cache the Featured Products carousel on my site works perfectly fine again.
        Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
        (770) 441-9447
        The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
        http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cockerham View Post

I know when I setup the new mailchimp module I was prompted for the image type. ( I can't remember if it was on the Miva side or the Mailchimp side) The only image type I use is "Main" which is what I selected. But I don't see any images either and all prices are $0.00.
          We are talking with MailChimp to see what the issue is and the price being set to $0.00 is a bug that will be fixed in the 9.07.01 release.
          David Carver
          Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

dcarver Regarding date/time information being sent to MailChimp for transactions, it appears that the module is not handling this correctly. I'm seeing prices showing up in my MailChimp reports for individual campaigns, but the date/time data is incorrect. I also noticed that I am not getting any ecommerce data showing in my MailChimp dashboard, even though it is in my campaign reports. I put in a ticket with MailChimp and this was their response. Perhaps this will help you:

I took a look around your account and at some of the ecommerce data and it looks like the ecommerce platform you're using isn't passing over some information that we need to put ecommerce data in the dashboard. Basically it's not sending us the dates for the orders. If you take a look at a couple of profiles for contacts in your list that have purchased something, you'll see an odd date. Since we aren't getting that data from the integration, it just adds in the Epoc date.

In order for that data to show, the ecommerce integration will need to start passing over the date of the orders along with all of the other information. I recommend contacting their support team to see if they can do that on their end for you.
            Todd Gibson
            Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

We do have plans to add some style/css support (the "use standard", or "use template" idea). I'll make a note that it might be nice to have the ability to set up some default preferences as to which styles (font size, font family, etc) are enabled by default.

Once the "clear styles" functionality is added, your text will automatically inherit the styles of the parent/ancestors. In other words, you would add a product description with no font family, size, or color set (just your bullet lists, bold, etc), and once you render your product in runtime, it would inherit the font, size, color, etc, if they exist along the chain of parent elements.

Originally posted by crozon View Post
              Wondering if there is a way in the next release to have a "clear styles" button (which was discussed already) but also a "use standard" or "use template" style so that if we already have a standard set of fonts and sizes we use on the rest of the website it should either use those automatically or we should be able to set a standard. I wonder if it would be simpler to have a standard font and size chosen and then we modify only if necessary? I'm not sure what other customers use but we really only need the option to add lists, bold, and italicize quickly. The rest is extra for us but the editor has actually caused more work for us as we now have to modify the font style and font size for every description - plus the options available don't match what we had already set on our website.
              Ryan Guisewite
              Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
              www.miva.com

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing insanely long load times on batch lists since the 9.7 update? Regularly, our catalog page and order processing pages, among others, are taking over 5 minutes to load.

Comment

Something is definitely wrong if that's happening (those pages should be 3x faster on 9.7), have you opened a support ticket?
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]
                  https://www.miva.com

Comment

Not yet, wanted to test the waters before opening a ticket. I'll open one now.

Comment

Originally posted by lesliekirk View Post

I wonder if the new Product List Caching has anything to do with this?
                      I've now had 5 clients call/write to complain that "something's" broken because when they manipulate things like product in category sorting, the caching is tripping them up. Anyway we can get a "Clear Cache" command? (Or directions to where one might already be located?)
                      Bruce Golub
                      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post

I've now had 5 clients call/write to complain that "something's" broken because when they manipulate things like product in category sorting, the caching is tripping them up. Anyway we can get a "Clear Cache" command? (Or directions to where one might already be located?)

Hi Bruce

there is a new Scheduled Task called "Delete Cached Product List Entries" that by default gets run every 4 hours and deletes the expired Cached Product lists.

you can edit the task so that it will delete "All Cached Product Lists" and to run more often or just select the task and click the "Run Selected Task" button at the top of the batch-list.

hope this helps

-Eric
                        Eric Foresman
                        Software Tester
                        Miva Merchant
                        http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                        [email protected]

Comment

That's what i've been telling them...but a button on the actual page where they are doing work effected by caching would be much more productive no?
                          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by kocourek View Post
                            Is anyone else experiencing insanely long load times on batch lists since the 9.7 update? Regularly, our catalog page and order processing pages, among others, are taking over 5 minutes to load.
                            Order Processing taking a long time to load is a known issue that will be fixed in 9.07.01. Which tabs on the Catalog screen are slow for you? Are you displaying any extra columns on those tabs and/or using a sort order other than the default?

Edit: A partial workaround for Order Processing being so slow is to limit the displayed orders by date range.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post

9.07.01 will automatically invalidate cache entries when sort changes are made. Are there any other specific operations that your clients are complaining about?

Comment

Originally posted by burch View Post

9.07.01 will automatically invalidate cache entries when sort changes are made. Are there any other specific operations that your clients are complaining about?
                                AWESOME!!!

Not that they've found yet <g> Most other issues (text wrapping/etc) has been solve by removing the Default states of the new features.

Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                                X