X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting up Miva Mia with Miva Merchant v4.14-v5.0

Originally posted by ada2603248 View Post
    I did setup MySQL connector and Miva mysql connector
    Now, I run http://127.0.0.1:8000/ from miva mia. And it doesn't prompt Fatal miva error any more, but prompt "Application time out during mysql query..."
    What version of MySQL do you have installed on your local machine? Did you export the MySQL database or are you trying to connect to the live data? Open your merchdb.dat, located DATA, file with a text editor and you have to modify the connection string and the user/pw if you have to.
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
      What version of MySQL do you have installed on your local machine? Did you export the MySQL database or are you trying to connect to the live data? Open your merchdb.dat, located DATA, file with a text editor and you have to modify the connection string and the user/pw if you have to.
      I can run it now. But there's an error
      please see the attachment
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ada2603248; 09-30-08, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Take a look at your log when you downloaded your store. I don't think you got every module downloaded.
        Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

Comment

Take a look at your log when you downloaded your store. I don't think you got every module downloaded.
          I can run it now
          thank you guys very much

i had to set up another page and manually install every module. so it works fine now.. ^^

Comment

Fatal Error
            Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-ADM-00003 Description: Miva Merchant has not been initialized. Please use the MIVA Merchant Setup script to initialize the required data files. Other Information:

I get the same error About to give up with miva . I baught a second store lic And still more miva grief ... I guess miva is meant for Windows !

Comment

Have you contacted our support department?
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mgobeil View Post
                Description: Miva Merchant has not been initialized. Please use the MIVA Merchant Setup script to initialize the required data files.
                This error typically indicates that your installation of MivaVM or Miva Mia cannot find the location of the mivadata folder as specified in the config files. Make sure that your settings match the actual path on your system - that should be really all that needs to be changed.

Comment

Fatal Error
                  Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-ADM-00003 Description: Miva Merchant has not been initialized. Please use the MIVA Merchant Setup script to initialize the required data files. Other Information:

I get the same error About to give up with miva . I baught a second store lic And still more miva grief ... I guess miva is meant for Windows !

If you're posting to this thread I can only assume that you are using Miva Mia on Windows because Miva Mia does not run on any other platform, only a Windows PC.

This specific error means that Mia is not seeing a database. Does your store use MySQL for it's database? What are your mappings for the script and data directories? Open up Mia and you'll see a path for WWW or HTML and another for DATA. Is your DATA inside of this DATA folder?
                  Last edited by Jim McCormick; 11-21-08, 03:06 PM.
                  Jim McCormick
                  Miva Merchant Support
                  866-284-9812

Comment

Yes I called support
                    I was told in a nice way I dont have a support contract.
                    Yes i am runing windows with mia and
                    I am runing Miva on a unix server.

We need to either get a new store Which I baught a store licence
                    installed it and it messed up my origional store pages the new one set up fine though.
                    We thought we would set up a second server on the same domain .
                    I then found out its a store licence not a domain licence .

Mia we can not seem to make it work If i am going to put out any more cash on this softwear Ithink I should look for other alternatives .
                    Or some one that can help out withour problems

Sorry but I am verry frustrated with this whole Miva thing
                    Last edited by mgobeil; 11-21-08, 03:50 PM.

Comment

My data is in the directory it came from mivadata on the unix server if I remove the merchant5 dir itt asks me to activate the store so it must be seing the data ?

Comment

The only problems you can have with mivasql that generates that error would be mappings being bad.

If you're using a MySQL store you either don't have MySQL setup and the database imported, you don't have Mia setup to use MySQL (meaning the connector library is not installed), or the merchdb.dat still has the server MySQL info.

If you're using MySQL for your database please look at the configuration problems I mentioned.
                        Last edited by Jim McCormick; 11-21-08, 03:57 PM.
                        Jim McCormick
                        Miva Merchant Support
                        866-284-9812

Comment

My data is in the directory it came from mivadata on the unix server if I remove the merchant5 dir itt asks me to activate the store so it must be seing the data ?
                          What are the folders directly inside of the DATA directory? It's not mivadata is it?
                          Jim McCormick
                          Miva Merchant Support
                          866-284-9812

Comment

Are you using MySQL for the database on the server?
                            Jim McCormick
                            Miva Merchant Support
                            866-284-9812

Comment

Are you using MySQL for the database on the server?
                              yes sir

if i run admin.mvc i get

Fatal Error

if i run merchant.mvc i get
                              Fatal Error

Error Code: MER-DBA-MYS-00001 Description: The specified module could not be found. Other Information:

If i run setup.mvc i get
                              Miva Merchant 5 Production Release 5 Setup Miva Merchant 5 Production Release 5 Setup has detected that Miva Merchant has already been initialized on your system. If you wish to re-initialize the data files, please remove the Merchant5/ subdirectory and its contents from your Miva data directory, and re-run this script.

I can run diag and diag5 it all passes and looks right
                              Last edited by mgobeil; 11-21-08, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Ok, have you installed MySQL on your windows pc? Have you installed the MySQL connector library for Mia? Have you modified your merchdb.dat to point to the local MySQL database if you've set one up?
                                Jim McCormick
                                Miva Merchant Support
                                866-284-9812

Comment

Working...
                                X