This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

I'd like to move this conversation about multiple languages to another thread so we don't hijack this one.

I've stated my answer over here: http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...678#post355678
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Can I ask if I understand the question correctly:

You are writing a product description, for example, in a language other than English (say, Japanese).

and when a customer goes to that product, the description does not display properly.

Also, when you try to edit that product description in the Merchant Admin, it does not appear as Japanese, but looks like scrambled English.

Is that what is happening?
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Sorry, if my post was not fit for this subject.
        However, the subject is DREAM FEATURES and for me the DREAM FEATURES was I can edit and read foreign language on the MIVA control Panel (create Page and product description freely).

Thank you very much. I don't post about language topic here (this subject) anymore.

Comment

Wombat Manage Orders:

For the tracking number displayed in the admin panel, can it be turned into a link so that while in admin, we can click on the tracking number and see the UPS / USPS tracking page?

Also, have the orders sorted by most recent order number, descending, the way it is in the legacy order manager. Right now, there doesn't seem to be any logic to the way they are sorted when you first click on Manage Orders. You then have to click the Order Number column header to sort them by order number.
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Show product number on Edit Product screen. I've often wished it were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Murrays Sports View Post
              Show product number on Edit Product screen. I've often wished it were there.
              I second this!

Comment

ditto
                Ray Yates
                "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

1) When placing an order via Manage Orders, be able to see the quantity on hand (inventory) for products and variants. Right now, the Manage Orders allows products to be over-sold, which is fine as long as I can see how many products are on hand.

2) Also in manage orders, the ability to do wildcard searches in the code and name fields.

Comment

How about a order and payment process system like Google Checkout built-in Miva Merchant . Everything from shipping confirmation to refund process .. right there at one place. That's what I am looking for. Wombat did not solve that problem.

Comment

Okay, here's a dream feature:

On the "Domain Settings: Colors", I sure would like to see a specified color for error messages.

I got a work around using a span from Leslie (Bless her!) but that doesn't apply to errors in credit card entry.

I have one site that is based on a red background, so you see my dilemma.

Other than that, I've upgraded to prod7 on three stores now, with no real hiccups.

Comment

I've spoken to USPS and and confirmed that my account has all the correct permissions to print ALL the USPS shipping labels. However, Wombat currently only offers a select few of the USPS shipping methods available for printing shipping labels.

Adding support to print ALL the USPS shipping labels would be MUCH appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
                          I've spoken to USPS and and confirmed that my account has all the correct permissions to print ALL the USPS shipping labels. However, Wombat currently only offers a select few of the USPS shipping methods available for printing shipping labels.

Adding support to print ALL the USPS shipping labels would be MUCH appreciated!
                          I had the same question..as we have all set up too. Rick told me that will just do Printing labels etc... as a third party would be needed to do actually do postage. Like http://www.endicia.com/ for instance.

Nice thing is, Rick is stating that in July the above will be integrated into the system, so then all you would need is an account and all can be done from admin. So for us, we will continue to use the click and ship and wait till July to use the other option.

EDIT.... Oh you talking strictly labels and not postage it appears... my bad..
                          Last edited by Datagg; 05-19-10, 03:03 PM.
                          Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                          Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Dan and Skeptic,

We plan on doing both (but not necessarily at the same time).
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]
                            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Store owners are using increasingly long Store Names for SEO purposes. Unfortunately this screws up the left site frame width. Banners at the bottom of the left frame end up very wide as well and get truncated. Also the trend towerd long category names mean that they too get tuncated below the frame edge.

In either case, one then has to grab the 1 pixel wide frame border and drag it to the right to see what's below it.

1. Can the store name be truncated or made to wrap?
                              2. Can the left nav / frame border be made 3px to make it easier to grab?
                              Ray Yates
                              "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                              --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

pardon me if some of this has been mentioned. I haven't read all 24 pages..

Manage Orders:

1) The ability to search by name - not sure why something so common would be left out
                                2) newest order should default as first in the list - can't find a way to override this
                                3) the ability to mark a digital download just as that, a digital download - similar to marking an order that shipped, as shipped

Instead of generate shipping label or having the tracking number displayed, enable the ability to display "digital download"

Manage Shipments:

1)a way to ship via fed ex and not just UPS within manage orders, hopefully a way to ship via endicia on mac

2 the abiltiy to click on the tracking number via manage orders so you can track it while on the phone with a customer or at anytime. simply seeing the tracking number serves no purpose
                                Last edited by DEXTERITY; 05-20-10, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X