Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

To clarify, these are the various rates:

BC - 12%
    Ontario - 13%
    New Brunswick - 13%
    Nova Scotia - 15%
    Newfoundland and Labrador - 13%

(all rates are as of July 1- Nova Scotia is 13% until then)

And yes, there is only the ability to set the HST for all provinces.
    Dylan Buchfink
    The Mattress & Sleep Company
    http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

I have two stores to update. I was thinking of using GST and PST to create the HST amount for each of the provinces but this is only a temporary work around. I just finished a PST audit and the auditor was not very happy with this work around.

Any fix or update Miva could provide would be fantastic. I know everyone is really busy.
      Thanks,
      Christine

Comment

Yeah, our accountants told me to use it as a work-around but they want it changed, too.

Fortunately for us all of our orders are entered manually into our database here, so on our "official invoice" it'll show properly... but the customer doesn't see it this way during checkout online. I suppose I could email them a new invoice once it's generated but I'd rather avoid the confusion of giving the customer two separate invoices that do not look the same.
        Dylan Buchfink
        The Mattress & Sleep Company
        http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

In the admin modules interface:

Allow display to show Active/Inactice as separate lists, along with sorting alpha and by date. Allow multiple active/deactivate by placing that option in the batch screen. Show Feature heading and make sortable as well.

All of these changes would make troubleshooting much easier.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

I can't remeber if it's posted in here but...

The ability to limit text field and text area character lenghts in the attributes.
            Thanks,
            Christine

Comment

Already can.

In your attribute template, add: id="&mvte:attribute:code;" to the <input type="text" name=...etc> to the text field template area...then use your favorite JS script to control it. dynamicdrive has some fairly easy to use scripts.

The problem with making this "point and click" is that, it would prevent other uses...for example, lets say I wanted to not only check lenth, but spelling?
              Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Separate Time Out Feature?

If it was possible, it would be handy to have a separate timeout setting for Merchant side processes verses Admin. Admin processes can intentionally take a lot longer than you'd want to give your average customer...so, it would be great to be able to set Merchant time out to say 30 seconds, but keep Admin timeouts at 120, 240, whatever.
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by crozon View Post
                  I can't remeber if it's posted in here but...
                  The ability to limit text field and text area character lenghts in the attributes.
                  I assume you mean the html size attribute.
                  <input size="value" />

You're not alone, I've requested this as well.

Other than Javascript you can manually edit the product attribute template. However you may have to use conditionals of you only want to apply the size to certain products or attributes.

Better would be athe ability to set the size at the attribute and attribute template level. While they are at it I wish we also had an "hidden" attribute option instead of having to add them at the template level.
                  Ray Yates
                  "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                  --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

allow regexp control of what is allowed in the custom category and product fields.
                    If we admins could do that.. then we could limit length, characters allowed, content allowed etc. It would really be wonderful! Would keep our employees from inputting data that just messes up things.

even if this was not a ful regular expression engine, it sure would be nice to be able to say only allow the following 0-9
                    or a-zA-Z
                    or 1,2,3,4

i take that back

regular expressions would be the best of all. That way advanced admins could really make this sing for them... and newbies could at least make the basics work pretty well.

please give us control over what non super admin can be allowed to put in the custom fields! please!

fyi.. by non super admins.. I mean people allowed in the admin but not allowed access to the settings in the utilities
                    Last edited by kayakbabe; 06-25-10, 11:15 PM.

Comment

have better granularity on store admin user group access assignments
                      for import/export for product, customers, orders, etc.

For instance, I want to allow my newletter marketing guy to download customer email and contact info.. but not get to the order or credit card data.

Comment

In Wombat:

Either allow the customer to login in with order number and email address

or

allow the customer to enter postal codes as A1A1A1 or A1A 1A1 not just as the order was placed.
                        Thanks,
                        Christine

Comment

I would like to see a larger field for email addresses or multiple email fields.

Sometimes two or more people will purchase a course together so they can get the volume discount. They both want the PIN number email (Viking MagicPin). Sometimes it is a secretary making a purchase for the boss. Sometimes it is an employee who wants accounting to get a copy of the invoice. The 50 character limit often overflows.
                          Bill Dunn
                          SunCam, Inc.
                          http://www.SunCam.com
                          [email protected]

Comment

It would be even nicer if the email address field had a "+" sign next to it, which upon clicking would add email line 2, then email line 3, etc (DHTML, so no page refreshes) so CC multiple people on orders. That would be much easier for customers to figure out, than know they can enter multiple addresses comma separated (and not some other character) on the one-line email field.

Comment

A global find and replace function would help to locate words and terms that are buried in page code such as the recent forum post trying to figure out where to change "Related Item(s)" to something else. It would save a lot of time pasting pages to notebook just to do a find.
                              Bill Dunn
                              SunCam, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dotCOM_host View Post
                                It would be even nicer if the email address field had a "+" sign next to it, which upon clicking would add email line 2, then email line 3, etc (DHTML, so no page refreshes) so CC multiple people on orders. That would be much easier for customers to figure out, than know they can enter multiple addresses comma separated (and not some other character) on the one-line email field.
                                Much better idea REMIK!!!
                                Last edited by SunCam; 07-04-10, 10:42 AM.
                                Bill Dunn
                                SunCam, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X