Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this may be a bug with the legacy price group interaction with non-legacy price groups. See https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...ultiple-groups if you create multiple price groups, and one of them is a Legacy price group you cannot have it excluded by the non-legacy groups -so either the legacy will work alone, or the non-legacy will. If you use 'Allow Combination' on the non-Legacy groups to allow the Legacy group it works but then you have the possibility of inadvertantly having products getting double discounting.

Comment

When using the "New Order" function in the Admin panel, the system does not carry forward discounts associated with that customer (or prior order).

For example, we have a customer who is in one of our wholesale categories. The existing order shows their dealer pricing. "New Order" doesn't apply the associated discounts. They have to be added manually.

The only way to get the system to automatically apply them is to create a brand new order.
      www.kicks-ind.com
      www.comp-n-choke.com

Comment

I've just uncovered something odd that I think is a bug. (Could be a feature, but it doesn't fit my use case....)

I have a digital product set up. Customers make purchases of that product. We discover something we want to correct in the digital product. I create a new version of the file. I go to the product in Miva and navigate to the Digital Download Settings tab. Iīm serving the file locally, so I click on the button to upload the new version of the file. I select the file in the window that pops up and I make sure to click the "Overwrite" checkbox because I want to replace the file on the server with a new version of the file. The file uploads, a new Local File Path gets generated, and I click the Update button to save the changes. All good.

Now is when it gets weird. If I place a new order for that digital product, I will get a link that allows me to download the updated version of the file. But if a customer has already purchased the product and they use the download link in the order history or emailed sales receipt, they still download a copy of the old file. They donīt get a copy of the updated file.

For me, this isnīt optimal. If we find a problem with a digital product, we want to update it and make the revised version available to past purchasers of the product. I assumed this is what selecting the "Overwrite" option on upload would do--replace the version of the file on the server so all past and future downloads would receive the new, updated version.
        Todd Gibson
        Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Originally posted by oliverands View Post
          I've just uncovered something odd that I think is a bug. (Could be a feature, but it doesn't fit my use case....)
          Not to negate the report, but...have you tried to manually upload and replace the file?

Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post

Not to negate the report, but...have you tried to manually upload and replace the file?
            If I FTP into the directory and delete the file and then upload the new one from the admin UI it works as expected. But that's what selecting the Overwrite option should do through the UI, I assume.
            Todd Gibson
            Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Originally posted by oliverands View Post

If I FTP into the directory and delete the file and then upload the new one from the admin UI it works as expected. But that's what selecting the Overwrite option should do through the UI, I assume.
              yes, it probably should, just making sure you had a work around.
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

This thread is now closed, please update to 9.14.00 and post any 9.14.xx bugs here: https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...-x-bug-reports
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                X